I love a good thrifted jean, so when I found these high waist Calvin Klein jeans for $8 I couldn’t wait to make them my own.
Knowing that shredded/distressed jeans were a staple piece missing from my closet I knew that’s what I’d want to do with the jeans once I bought them. But, instead of the normal, shredded front, I decided to try cutting up the side for a more unique look.
Things I used:
- good strong scissors (these pants were pretty thick)
What to do:
- cut strips into jeans, even or varied with apart
- wash and dry the jeans so that the thread can fray and loosen from the spinning and washing
- once washed/dried a lot of the distressing should be done for you
- use tweezers to pull out some of the leftover blue thread that is latticed between the white to shred them even further
You could also try this method which is a bit different from what I did but could provide a cool aesthetic as well.
Remember to have fun with it and be prepared for a good amount of air flow if you decide to wear these in any weather below 60 degrees.